Fedora 11 Mass Rebuilds

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Feb 25 01:22:45 UTC 2009

> Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> writes:
> > On Tue, 2009-02-24 at 16:32 -0700, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> >> Can you say what it is?  I'm seeing this on my centos 5.2 mock host.
>
> > The rpm version on the host has to be able to support the larger file
> > checksums.  We have a special rpm built for our EL5 builders that
> > provides this.  I don't know if that rpm build is hosted anywhere out in
> > the open, I do believe Mitr built it for us.
>
> It's going to be quite a large problem if people can no longer use mock
> on an older system to test rawhide builds.  What is the plan to address
> this?
>
> 			regards, tom lane

You could try to convince Red Hat Product Management into back porting
the necessary rpm bits into RHEL5's rpm.  I'm told that the changes
aren't exactly contained for backporting without risk.  However we can't
let that hold back Fedora development, or else we'd never be able to
change anything.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!