Noarch subpackage problem

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Wed Feb 25 05:37:08 UTC 2009

Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
>> Yep but they'll only get noticed quicker if we check for that.  There's
>> currently no checking going on that will catch this.
>
> There is, users trying to use the headers. ;-) Oh, and Koji package builds
> too.
By not putting headers into noarch packages and you notice such
conflicts when installing such packages.

Another pitfall with noarch headers: You will encounter problems should
a package not build for one or more architecture.

That saids, IMO putting headers into noarch packages is a short-sighted
idea.