Attention Feature Owners: Fedora 11 Feature Freeze is Next Week

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Wed Feb 25 17:59:06 UTC 2009

It is time to make sure
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/11/FeatureList is up to date.
This is important for our beta release notes, beta announcement, and
testing focus for Fedora 11.

According to a review of all the feature pages, the following features
have not been updated recently OR are not 100% complete.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/20SecondStartup
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Archer
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/ArchitectureSupport
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/ControlGroups
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/CrashCatcher
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/CupsPolicyKitIntegration
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/DebuginfoFS
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/DeviceKit
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/DNSSEC
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Empathy
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Ext4DefaultFs
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Fingerprint
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Firefox_3.1
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/gcc4.4
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/GFS2Stable
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Gnome2_26
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/IBus
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/KDE42
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/KVM_PCI_Device_Assignment
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/liblvm
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Multiseat
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/NewTextUI
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/NouveauAsDefault
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/OpenChange
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/PowerManagement
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Presto
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Python_2.6
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/SSSD
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/StrongerHashes
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/SystemtapStaticProbes
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/TightVNC
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/VolumeControl
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Windows_cross_compiler
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Xfce46

If you believe your feature is substantially complete and testable state
for Fedora 11, please perform the following:
1) Update the % complete and "last updated" date
2) In the status section please also include what remains to be
completed including your realistic assessment as to whether it is
possible to complete by Final Feature Freeze on 2009-04-14.

Please complete this as soon as possible and no later than 2009-03-03 so
that we all have clear sense where we stand going into the beta release.
  I will be sending the feature list to FESCo for their review at their
2009-03-06 meeting.  At that meeting I will recommend that feature pages
which are not current be dropped from the Fedora 11 feature list.

If you believe your feature is not ready for Fedora 11, that is okay :)
Fedora 12 is only a few short months away.  If you would like to target
your feature for Fedora 12, please change the page category to
"Cateogory:FeatureReadyForWranger".

If your feature will not be ready for Fedora 11 and you aren't sure what
is going to happen to it:
1) Please change the category of your page to Category:FeaturePageIncomplete
2) Remove Fedora 11 as the targeted release.

I have a watch on all the feature pages and will update the summary page
accordingly.

Thank you for your help,
John