cpio MD5 sum mismatch when installing latest packages from koji

Joshua C. joshuacov at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 25 21:08:16 UTC 2009

2009/2/25 Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com>:
> On Wed, 2009-02-25 at 21:16 +0100, Joshua C. wrote:
>> This was on f10 livecd but those are the lastest f11 packages.
>
> the rpm version on the F10 liveCD isn't new enough to understand the F11
> packages.  You need at least rpm-4.6.0-1.fc10
>
> --
> Jesse Keating
> Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!
> identi.ca: http://identi.ca/jkeating
>
> --

rpm-4.6.0-0.rc3.1.fc10.x86_64.rpm in f10

rpm-4.6.0-5.fc11.x86_64.rpm in f11

I tried to make rawhide livecd and I got those errors. The image had
other errors, too. therefore I used f10 livecd and this is the output
from it.

When trying to make the f11 livecd I got such an error  from the
kernel rpm. After the image was ready I saw that there wasn't any
system.map in it and a wrong checksum was detected when trying to
install the kernel rpm. Does the rpm delete the files with the wrong
md5 checksums?