autoconf and epel-5

yersinia yersinia.spiros at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 09:05:10 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 9:33 AM, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> wrote:

> Kevin Kofler wrote:
>
>> Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>>
>>> Correct - I didn't mean to offend Tom, but it's obvious, that some
>>> people around in this thread don't understand the autotools.
>>>

>> In case "some people around in this thread" is supposed to include me:
>>
> Yes.
>
>  Oh, I do understand the autotools fairly well,
>>
> Your postings speak a different language. 90% of your postings are
> demonstrations of your lack of understanding them and mere propaganda aiming
> at promoting cmake.
>
>  Why can't projects just switch to CMake?
>>
> Here you are doing it again.
>
> You are so blinded with your zealotry on cmake, you refuse to accept that
> cmake is just one tool amongst many, with defects, deficencies and design
> flaws, historic warts of its own, just like all tools.
>

> It's not the "ultimate one size fits all" tool, you and its promoters want
> it to me.
>
> To me personally, cmake is a tool, which is not even close to meet my
> demands nor of any help - period.

Perhaps off topic. Someone know the prons/cons of scons

http://www.scons.org/?
My first impression is that it is very similar to cmake as design
phylosophy, but use only phyton on the target system and this a plus, IMHO.

On the other side, if i build a project for multiple UNIX platform, with
different compiler, i prefer to use the autotools. But it is only an
opinion.

Thanks