Fedora 11 Mass Rebuilds

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 16:42:19 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 11:29 AM, Michel Salim wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 10:51 AM, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
>>
>> So, what is my responsibility if my package fails the mass rebuild? I
>> tried to read everything in the devel ML but I couldn't find anything
>> related. Maybe I missed it.
>>
> Fix the problem by #include-ing the appropriate headers, file a bug
> report upstream, and when you include the patch in the spec file, note
> the bug report, e.g.:
>
> # upstream bug: http://upstream/path/bugnumber
> PatchN:  %{name}-x.y-gcc44.patch
>

> Regards,

Yes, that's the usual way. But I don't want to do that. This package
was orphaned when I took it over 2 days ago. I took it because I
wanted to update it to the newest version. But the upstream renamed
their software name in their last release. Therefore I will need to
submit a new Review Request and obsolete the old package. So I really
don't want to deal with the old package with the old name now.

And how about the bouncycastle-mail problem? I don't think that one is
packaging related.

Orcan