Fedora 11 Mass Rebuilds

Michel Salim michel.sylvan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 16:50:57 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 11:42 AM, Orcan Ogetbil <oget.fedora at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 11:29 AM, Michel Salim wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 10:51 AM, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
>>>
>>> So, what is my responsibility if my package fails the mass rebuild? I
>>> tried to read everything in the devel ML but I couldn't find anything
>>> related. Maybe I missed it.
>>>
>> Fix the problem by #include-ing the appropriate headers, file a bug
>> report upstream, and when you include the patch in the spec file, note
>> the bug report, e.g.:
>>
>> # upstream bug: http://upstream/path/bugnumber
>> PatchN:  %{name}-x.y-gcc44.patch
>>

>> Regards,
>
> Yes, that's the usual way. But I don't want to do that. This package
> was orphaned when I took it over 2 days ago. I took it because I
> wanted to update it to the newest version. But the upstream renamed
> their software name in their last release. Therefore I will need to
> submit a new Review Request and obsolete the old package. So I really
> don't want to deal with the old package with the old name now.

The new version is likely to suffer from the same problem anyway. If
it's mostly a rename, then the review will be quite perfunctory -- if
you can get it done quick, you might as well get the new one reviewed,
built for Rawhide, and then ask release engineering to block the old
package from Rawhide -- see this:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/PackageEndOfLife

HTH,

--