Ready for new RPM version?

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Thu Feb 26 18:57:27 UTC 2009

seth vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org> writes:
> On Thu, 2009-02-26 at 13:24 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Yeah, it seems like F12 material.  Going with a beta version of critical
>> infrastructure like RPM strikes me as sheer insanity.  Or have we
>> learned nothing from how badly the still-in-progress RPM update was
>> mismanaged?  These things need to be taken *slowly*.

> I do not think the still-in-progress rpm update was mismanaged at all.

> Back that claim up or don't make it.

The large number of complaints seen in this mailing list over the past
week seem to me to be more than sufficient evidence that it was done
without adequate preparation or lead time.

I'm personally still ticked off that I'm being forced to update my
development workstation to F-10 immediately in order to continue doing
useful work on rawhide packages.  I don't have time for that right now.
Since F-9 is still supported, isn't it a management failing to have
allowed this to happen without a plan to make mock on F-9 work?

			regards, tom lane