Plan for tomorrow's (20090227) FESCo meeting

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 22:14:52 UTC 2009

Brian Pepple wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> FESCo will have a meeting tomorrow at 17:00 UTC (12:00 EST) in
> #fedora-meeting.  Please find below the list of topics that we are
> hoping to cover:
>
>       * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/MinimalPlatform
>       * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/AnacondaStorageRewrite
>       * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/EFI
>       * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/IntelKMS
>       * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/NewPyParted
>       * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/SVirt_Mandatory_Access_Control
>       * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/VirtVNCAuth
>       * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Shared_Network_Interface
>       * provenpackager reseed - https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/70
>       * How to deal with Requires.privates in pkg-config -
>         https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/67
>
> You want something to be discussed? Send a note to the list in reply to
> this mail and I'll add it to the schedule.  You can also propose topics
> in the meeting while it is in the "Free discussion around Fedora" phase.

I'd like to have "lenient hash check for noarch subpackages" discussed.
 Basically, we do an rpmdiff between the noarch subpackages that are
produced on different arches.  If the checks fail, the build is failed.
 However, the checks currently don't check every difference between
subpackages.  Notably, the hash check is not performed.

I've modified the rpmdiff we're using to check hashes on everything
except %doc files, *.pyo and *.pyc.  I think that enabling this check
and adding to it if we find other file types that should be whitelisted
is preferable to not doing hash checks at all.

This is the results of running with --lenient-hash on packages that have
current been rebuilt with noarch subpackages::

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2009-February/msg02185.html

-Toshio