Packages hardcoded to build 'i386'

Jon Masters jcm at redhat.com
Fri Feb 27 21:04:49 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-02-27 at 14:59 -0600, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> JM> On a tangent...it recently occurred to me that it might be nice to
> JM> have easy access to a box containing a full checkout.
>
> If you need to actually do anything like grep through it, it's
> probably far more convenient and efficient to download a checkout
> seed.  http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/webfiles/

That wasn't quite what I wanted, but I didn't know about it either, so
thanks for the information - it's a good starting point for doing your
own checkouts if you need to. I still think it'd be nice if I could
mount something read-only or login to a fp.o box with a r/o tree.

> Unfortunately only devel seems to have anything in it.  Not sure
> what's up with that, but generally devel is what you want anyway.

The documentation suggests this is intended.

Jon.