Ready for new RPM version?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Feb 27 22:19:22 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-02-27 at 16:39 -0500, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> That said, I've been running rawhide on basically all of my boxes all
> the time without a need for a reinstall[1] for a decade later this
> year!
> :-)

and the counter example is trying to run rawhide, have a day without
email working.  Have a day without the system booting, have a day
without the wireless working, so on and so forth.  Those days add up
quickly when it's your critical functionality that breaks.

Making it harder to make those things break just means we wind up with
rawhide, and rawerhide where the real changes are made, and the whole
process repeats itself.

Sure, I'd love more people to use rawhide, and I'd love rawhide to break
less often, but you're not going to win any favors by convincing
developers to use rawhide and then not hear from them for a few days
because all their communication software just broke.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!