Ready for new RPM version?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Feb 27 22:38:39 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-02-27 at 17:31 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-02-27 at 14:19 -0800, Jesse Keating wrote:
>
> > Making it harder to make those things break just means we wind up with
> > rawhide, and rawerhide where the real changes are made, and the whole
> > process repeats itself.
>
> I think what could help a lot in making rawhide more usable day-to-day,
> would be if we had some way to publish 'raw stuff' in easily
> installable, packaged form for others to try out without forcing it
> immediately onto the wider rawhide community. Like PPAs...
>
> That would allow us to develop and test new features with rawhide, but
> only merge them into rawhide when they are stable enough.

For the record I wouldn't like that. I hate PPAs. They're a hideous
idea. So, that's not what I'm proposing =) I think in general you can
push Exciting Stuff into the real development repository in a workable
way.

Still - can't you send a build to Koji in a way which stops it actually
being published to any repository? And doesn't that achieve what you're
proposing?
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey