mass rebuild observations

Mamoru Tasaka mtasaka at ioa.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Sat Feb 28 06:03:33 UTC 2009

darrell pfeifer wrote, at 02/28/2009 02:00 PM +9:00:
> On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 19:49, Mamoru Tasaka
> <mtasaka at ioa.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp <mailto:mtasaka at ioa.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp>> wrote:
>     darrell pfeifer wrote, at 02/28/2009 12:22 PM +9:00:
>
>         I just upgraded from koji after the mass rebuild. Note that I had an
>         up-to-date rawhide from this morning just before the upgrade. There
>         are a couple of obvious problems, at least for me.
>
>         Buttons in firefox/minefield are huge to the point where all web
>         pages
>         are unreadable. I backed out the xulrunner and gtk2, also tried
>         changing gnome default themes/icons with no success.
>
>     For me on firefox/thunderbird in some cases there are also large length
>     of spaces between each lines, which renders these applications quite
>     unusuable.
>

> The versions of firefox and mozilla from mozilla.org
> <http://mozilla.org> work ok, so it is related to the fedora builds of
> these programs.
>
> darrell

Well, after I tried
- once downloading all packages which firefox and gnome-terminal depends on
- and then re-upgrading all of them one by one

then for me:
- for firefox/thunderbird issue, nspr
- for gnome-terminal issue, vte
seems the culprits.

For nspr, recompiling with replacing "-O2" by "-O" seems good, while
for vte this does not work for me.

Regards,
Mamoru