mouse won't work in xserver after update to fedora rawhide

Robert Arendt rda at rincon.com
Sat Feb 28 22:44:34 UTC 2009

M A Young wrote:
> I have a mouse problem in rawhide on one machine. In my case there is no
> pointer shown, but you can tell by what is highlighted and what (with a
> bit of guesswork) you can click on that it is pointing at something even
> if you can't see what.
>
>         Michael Young

I noticed this while testing with twm+xterm.  It's probably this new
feature (from https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/XserverOnePointSix)

      The X server will suppress display of the mouse cursor until a
      client connects and sets a cursor.  Most desktop environments
      and window managers will not be affected. The xsetroot command's
      -cursor_name option can be used to set a cursor.

Haven't tried it yet .. but I bet that's it.  Xorg 1.6 just rolled out.

Cheers,
-Bob Arendt