Package Review Stats for 2008

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Fri Jan 2 16:32:43 UTC 2009

Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 01, 2009 at 01:26:39PM -0500, Brian Pepple wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> The top ten FAS account holders who have completed reviewing "Package
>> review" components on bugzilla for the year ending December 31st, 2008
>> were Parag AN(पराग), Jason Tibbitts, Mamoru Tasaka, Manuel Wolfshant,
>> Kevin Fenzi, Jon Ciesla, Brian Pepple, Dan Horák, Patrice Dumas, and
>> Marek Mahut.  Below is the number of completed package reviews done
>> during 2008.
>
> I'd like to arrange for some sort of reward for the top 10 reviewers.

Good idea! I'm #11 ;-)

> We could turn that into an annual event.
>
> There was a previous attempt at a "Fedora Award," but it was based on
> completely subjective measures whereas this reward would be (1) less
> hoopla involved, and (2) based on the completely objective measure of
> package reviews, which are both sorely needed in the project and
> obviously well-connected to our mission of advancing free software --
> in this case, by getting more of it included in the distribution.

Given the overall sentiment the last time; How are you going to award
whomever is doing whatever in whichever area doesn't have this kind of
statistics? I'm afraid the ones that had something to complain about
with the Fedora Award will find something to complain about this time.

Why not combine whatever statistics we can pull from wherever, have
these people put their ranking on their personal Wiki page -if they even
want to-, and elect who's getting the Fedora Award? We could arrange for
the winners in YearN to not be eligible for YearN+1, too.

Just a thought ;-)

-Jeroen