/etc/hosts re-ordered f10?

Mail Lists lists at sapience.com
Sun Jan 4 15:13:02 UTC 2009

On 01/03/2009 10:32 AM, Steve Dickson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It seems in F10 the hostname and DNS domain name are now being added
> as alias at the end of 127.0.0.1 definition, ala
>
>      127.0.0.1   localhost.localdomain localhost f10.domainname.com f10
>
> which unfortunately breaks kerberos in its keytab lookups.

  Every F10 install I did had a bad /etc/hosts file in  the way you
describe. Easy enough to fix but not for Aunt Tilly - tho she may not
care and desktop impact is probably lowish.

 However this does impact other services as well (squid/apache and
others). I had terrible problems with some daemons inappropriately
listening on 127.0.0.1 and not on the real IP until I fixed the hosts file.