sound problems

Paulo Cavalcanti promac at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 16:48:17 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 2:16 PM, Christopher Stone <chris.stone at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2009/1/4 Paulo Cavalcanti <promac at gmail.com>:
> > You can try the latest alsa snapshot available in ATrpms:
>
> Whoa, bad advice...anyone with half a brain knows to stay well clear
> of anything coming from ATrpms.  Axel Thimm is one of the the worst
> packagers in the Fedora community, and installing his packages is
> *extremely* dangerous.
>
> Anyway, I have this sound problem too, thanks atleast for pointing me
> to the bug number...

Well, a lot of packages in ATrpms are mine. Including this alsa snapshot.
I am the person who spent almost two weeks with Takashi trying to debug
the sigmatel codec. Therefore, I think your comment is directed to me.

Your parents should have told you a long time ago that when someone does
not have anything nice to say, it is much better to keep the mouth shut.

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ