sound problems

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Jan 6 04:19:39 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jan 05, 2009 at 07:39:55PM -0800, Christopher Stone wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 7:04 PM, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:
> > And more to the point, there are many public 3rd party repositories
> > out there which conflict to varying degrees with the official Fedora
> > repositories.   Do you plan to ridicule each and every contributor who
> > runs a 3rd party repo on the side which conflicts? Any Fedora
> > contributor which chooses to run a repository on the side is their
> > choice and its a users choice to mix and match repositories or not.
>
> Amazingly, ATrpms is so bad, that it is the only repository I recall
> hearing people constantly complain about on IRC.

Indeed, I never heard anyone compaining about your repo.

> I only plan to ridicule those 3rd party repositories which actually
> cause problems for Fedora users and do more harm than good, and no
> effort is made to fix problems in the repository.  ATrpms is the
> only 3rd party repo I am aware of which meet all of these criteria.

Yes, that's my charter and hidden agenda: Create packages that cause
harm. Actually all I wanted is for someone to finally step up and
uncover the truth, so I can publicly enjoy the fruits of my labour.

> As a board member or ambassador or whatever you are, you should do
> everything in your power to make sure that Fedora users are well aware
> of the dangers of using ATrpms, and are well aware that Axel Thimm has
> no intentions of fixing any bugs which may cause a broken Fedora
> system.  As I recall, I posted over one hundred bugs over a year ago
> and not a single one has been touched by Axel.

As I recall 99 of these bugs were semi-automatically filled with "move
this package to Fedora or livna". You really still think that
repeating a request as many packages as there are in a repo will shut
it down? It will annoy people, yes, suddenly bugzilla.atrpms.net was
unusable. Thanks for the sabotage again.

Love and Peace.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net