sound problems

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jan 6 11:10:42 UTC 2009

Axel Thimm wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 06, 2009 at 01:54:57PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Axel Thimm wrote:
>>> Incompatible to what? If there are conflicts between ATrpms' packages
>>> and others from the N thousand official packages, please report
>>> them and we'll fix them.
>> You could simply run a script
>
> Which one? If there are conflicts they are at file level which is
> (was?) always a problem for the main Fedora repos within themselves,
> too.

Check a list of package names. That will catch the many obvious
duplicates in your repo now. It is not that hard to look over the whole
list manually either. We will worry about filenames later.

> So when talking about duplication of work/efforts one needs to check
> what was really the duplicate, just blaming ATrpms for carring
> duplicates, when these are actually ancient packages is wrong.

The point is not about finding blame. It is just that you evidently have
a lot of packages in your repo, you don't need to anymore. Just drop
them in your repo and we can avoid conflicts for those.

Otherwise, you are free to import and maintain the packages directly in
the Fedora repository instead of your own which will work just fine as
well.

There are dozens of third party repositories and asking every
maintainers to cross check the entire list isn't that feasible. When it
is, I am all for it.

Rahul