proposal for fedora11 feature ReviewOMatic

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Tue Jan 6 19:28:47 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 06 January 2009, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> rpmlint
> output specifically is useless without piles of human interpretation.
>
> Surely you don't want to be automatically mailbombed with the rpmlint
> output from all of your packages.  That would only lead to bogus
> changes just to shut up equally bogus complaints, or some random
> syntax in comments within a specfile indicating what rpmlint
> complaints are expected.  Does anyone actually want that?

Probably not.  But what I'd want is people to file specific bugs if they have
ideas how to improve rpmlint by eliminating bogosity or to make its messages
clearer or any other way, Bugzilla or upstream.  Not everything can be fixed,
but that doesn't mean everything should be accepted either.  I suppose
prolific Fedora package reviewers are The People who run into issues with it
most often and are in the best position to help out by pointing those out -
most certainly *much* better than current rpmlint developers.