MAVEN_OPTS and mvn-jpp

Jerry James loganjerry at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 21:44:52 UTC 2009

I'm having a build failure, on rawhide only, of a Java package that is
built with maven.  When I run maven from the command line, if I give
it more than one -DXXX option, it always complains that the second one
is not a valid target.  I took a tip from a web site that mentions
this problem and tried this (where the first 3 -DXXX options are from
/usr/bin/mvn-jpp, and the 4th is the recommended way of using mvn-jpp
in a spec file):

$ export MAVEN_OPTS="-Dmaven2.offline.mode -Dmaven2.ignore.versions
-Dmaven2.usejppjars -Dmaven.repo.local=$MAVEN_REPO_LOCAL"
$ mvn install

That worked.  Is this an expected change?  If so, both the
/usr/bin/mvn-jpp script and the wiki description of how to use maven
will have to be changed.  If not, does anyone have any idea why
multiple -DXXX options aren't working for me?  Again, this is on
Rawhide only.  Thanks,
--
Jerry James
http://loganjerry.googlepages.com/