Summary of the 2009-01-06 Packaging Committee meeting

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Jan 9 09:13:30 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 08, 2009 at 11:13:04AM -0800, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
[...]
> We also are acknowledging here that we may not be able to get our
> changes applied to the FHS (athimm tried to get libexecdir into FHS, for
> instance, but was stymied by their current lack of interest in problems)
> and we'll list more exceptions in the Guideline if necessary.

What's the purpose of this statement then?

Sounds like we're continuing business as usual - we'll continue to use
FHS from 2004, and will make ad-hoc decisions as required about
exceptions, because as we've seen there is no hope of getting any
changes into FHS itself, since FHS is a dead project.

Rich.

Read my OCaml programming blog: http://camltastic.blogspot.com/
Fedora now supports 68 OCaml packages (the OPEN alternative to F#)