AMD Video BIOS Disassembler and ATi RS485

Joshua C. joshuacov at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 10 10:25:16 UTC 2009

2009/1/10 Joshua C. <joshuacov at googlemail.com>:
> 2009/1/9 Dave Airlie <airlied at redhat.com>:
>> On Fri, 2009-01-09 at 22:14 +0100, Joshua C. wrote:
>>> Any Idea how to use this with my RS485?
>> I'm not working at the moment, but I was going to suggest rs485 people
>> try booting with radeon.gartsize=32 to see if it helps.
>>
>> Dave..
>
> With 2.6.27.10-167.fc10.x86_64 I got `Unknown boot option
> `radeon.gartsize=32': ignoring`. Did I miss something?

OK I tried it. I still got the message "Unknow boot option", but it
works fine. Without radeon.gartsize=32 everything is fine until the
xserver starts. Modesetting works fine but when the Xserver start I
get two-color-strips on my monitor. This doesn't happen when I set
radeon.gartsize=32 and the Xserver starts right.
This is a laptop and the video card can use from 32 up to 256 mb from
the main memory.I've set it to 128mb. Maybe this can also help.

@Dave
Thanx for the tip. It works once again. Does this gart table has
something to do with the memory used by card? As I said, my other
mashine with the same  radeon RS485 works fine without this option.
The only difference is that I have 4GB memory (an a memory hole) with
the non working card and 2GB with the working one.