Nokia to License Qt Under LGPL

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at
Wed Jan 14 12:09:23 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 01:00:27PM +0100, Gianluca Sforna wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 12:31 PM, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at> wrote:
> >
> > Was there a restriction before?
> >
> > Anyway, yes we welcome someone porting Qt to Fedora MinGW ...
> >
> Do you know if there are enough mingw-* packages in rawhide to give it a try?

As of about 1 hour ago there are approx. 10 mingw32 packages in Rawhide.

You can also add the temporary repository to your yum setup, which
will give you access to the full set of packages:

Many programs can be cross compiled simply by doing:

  # yum install mingw32-{any dependencies it needs}
  $ mingw32-configure
  $ make

More details here:

Richard Jones, Emerging Technologies, Red Hat