[Fedora-spins] Spins SIG Meeting(s) / Agenda!

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Thu Jan 15 15:46:07 UTC 2009

Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 08:56:58 -0500,
>   Josh Boyer <jwboyer at gmail.com> wrote:
>> That one came from me.  Having spins fail to compose during the week
>> that rel-eng is trying to get a milestone (Alpha, Beta, Preview) out the
>> door is simply an easy way to drop the Spin entirely.
>
> Note that the spin maintainer can't directly fix this in some cases.
> I still have open bugzillas and several packages that don't install
> cleanly because of missing requires. I can't fix them myself. I can't prevent
> someone from introducing dependency issues (as happened briefly for the
> poker2d update) at the wrong time. All I can do is file bugs and in extreme
> cases as for help on the devel list for another maintainer to help out.

In the new spins process, we take those "dependencies" as we call them
into account -somewhat;

you can list whatever dependencies you have in a separate sort-of topic
on a Spins page similar to a Feature page, which is then used similar to
how a Feature page is then used;

whether it be packages that still need to be reviewed, general bugs,
features that need to be completed, you name it. Anything that stops the
spin from being all fine can go there so that everyone knows.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip