[Fedora-spins] Spins SIG Meeting(s) / Agenda!

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Jan 15 17:47:40 UTC 2009

> The problem is not me or others being in FUDCon or not but decisions
> being made there which will always exclude people. Ours a global
> community and the ability to attend conferences in a particular place
> anywhere in the world is limited. You said you will do it again which
> seemed to be that you didn't understand the issue. It is nothing
> personal.

Sounds like you'd rather FUDCons never happened at all.  It also seems
you've confused "created a proposal" with "made a set in stone final
decision".  These are two different things.  The fact that many key
players in the game happened to be in the same place, at the same time,
and were able to dedicate some high bandwidth discussion to the matter
led to a pretty good proposal.  It's no different than somebody thinking
up a proposal by themselves, or while talking with somebody on the
phone, or IRC, or even email.  It's a proposal.  It can be modified, it
can be adjusted, it can be rejected, etc..  It's a proposal.

I get the fact that you resent being in a timezone and location that
makes it difficult for you to participate in higher bandwidth forms of
communication (irc, phone, face to face).  I can't help that.  However
I'm not about to force the entire Fedora project slow to a crawl just so
that every thought, comment, discussion, fart, whatever happens via a
public email.  That's just ridiculous.  People will continue to talk on
IRC, will continue to chat via IM, will continue to talk on phones, and
will even *shock* talk in person!  Ideas, proposals, and even a decision
or two, depending on the group, will be made in these ways.  Deal with
it.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!