BTRFS 0.17 in rawhide (at some point)

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Jan 16 07:20:46 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-01-12 at 16:16 -0500, Josef Bacik wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've just updated btrfs-progs to 0.17 in rawhide, and will be doing
> the same for F-10 and F-9 shortly.

Can we have nfs-utils updated too, please? The one we have in F-9
predates my patches to use statfs() to obtain a fsid for exporting the
file system. Not sure about F-10, but 1.1.4 in rawhide is OK.

The failure mode is that mountd returns a root fh which the client then
immediately tries to use, the kernel passes it up to mountd to be
resolved... and mountd disavows all knowledge of it. Stupidly.

This results in either the client's mount saying 'ESTALE', or just going
into a loop trying over and over again, while the server repeatedly logs
that it has authenticated a mount attempt...

The workaround for that is to use an explicit fsid= option
in /etc/exports for btrfs file systems, but updating nfs-utils would be
better.

David.Woodhouse at intel.com                              Intel Corporation