Why different keys for -testing and non-testing?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Jan 16 19:34:43 UTC 2009

Currently we have two gpg keys per release, one for
rawhide/updates-testing and one for the final release and stable
updates.  This complicates a number of things and I'm really wondering
what is the real actual value we get out of having multiple keys per
release?  I have some ideas that I'm going to keep to myself for right
now, but I'd like you, the consumers to help me understand what value
you see in it, and if that value remains if we were to have a key we
applied to all koji builds as the happen which is different from the
'release' key we'd use at release time and updates(-testing?) time for
each release.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!