BTRFS 0.17 in rawhide (at some point)

Rakesh Pandit rakesh.pandit at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 17:46:11 UTC 2009

2009/1/13 Josef Bacik <josef at toxicpanda.com>:
> Hello,

[..]
> Btrfs has built in snapshotting, subvolumes and RAID support, so lots
> of fun new things to tinker with.  A few disclaimers

> Please feel free to file a bugzilla if something goes horribly wrong,
> stability and finishing out the remaining features is what our main
> focus is now.  Thanks,

I tried two kernels:

First one:
mkfs.btrfs /dev/sda5

[root at test-rocky /]# uname -a
Linux test-rocky 2.6.29-0.41.rc2.fc11.i686

[root at test-rocky /]# modprobe libcrc32c ; modprobe zlib_inflate
zlib_deflate ; insmod btrfs.ko
FATAL: Module zlib_inflate not found.
insmod: can't read 'btrfs.ko': No such file or directory

btrfsctl -a
Scanning for Btrfs filesystems
cannot register some ioctl error

Second one:

mkfs.btrfs /dev/sda5

[root at test-rocky /]# uname -a
Linux test-rocky 2.6.29-0.35.rc1.git4.fc11.i686

btrfsctl -a
Scanning for Btrfs filesystems
failed to open/dev/btrfs-control

I was working on something where I need somewhat stable behaviour, may
you suggest which build I should use ? Or Am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks

--
rakesh