rawhide report: 20090118 changes

Denis Leroy denis at poolshark.org
Sun Jan 18 19:39:20 UTC 2009

Debarshi Ray wrote:
>> New package gtksourceviewmm
>>        A C++ wrapper for the gtksourceview widget library
>
> Does this not replace libgtksourceviewmm [1] ? Or is one related to
> gtksourceview and the other to gtksourceview2?

The latter. libgtksourceviewmm is the 1.0 API, while gtksourceviewmm is
the 2.0 API (upstream tarball was renamed, hence the new package
review). The corresponding C API packages are gtksourceview and
gtksourceview2 respectively (an interesting "compat package in disguise"
tactic).

There's only one dependency left on libgtksourceviewmm (glom), after
which we can EOL it. (glom update to 1.9.0 is currently waiting for
libgda-4.0-friendly release of gnome-python-extras, which according to
upstream will happen soon).