messages eat my harddisk because of alsa or pulse

Muayyad AlSadi alsadi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 02:17:48 UTC 2009

it was a nightmare I have no space of my hdd
when I was looking for the reason
du -h messages
760M	messages

it's flooded with

Jan 18 15:36:50 localhost kernel: imklog 3.21.9, log source =
/proc/kmsg started.
Jan 18 15:36:50 localhost rsyslogd: [origin software="rsyslogd"
swVersion="3.21.9" x-pid="1969" x-info="http://www.rsyslog.co
m"] restart
Jan 18 15:43:23 localhost pulseaudio[3014]: module-alsa-sink.c: ALSA
woke us up to write new data to the device, but there wa
s actually nothing to write! Most likely this is an ALSA driver bug.
Please report this issue to the PulseAudio developers.
Jan 18 15:43:23 localhost pulseaudio[3014]: module-alsa-sink.c: ALSA
woke us up to write new data to the device, but there wa
s actually nothing to write! Most likely this is an ALSA driver bug.
Please report this issue to the PulseAudio developers.
Jan 20 04:00:43 localhost pulseaudio[3021]: module-alsa-sink.c: ALSA
woke us up to write new data to the device, but there wa
s actually nothing to write! Most likely this is an ALSA driver bug.
Please report this issue to the PulseAudio developers.

what is the reason,
an update in alsa or pulse or most likely because I edited
/etc/pulse/default.pa by to add

load-module module-hal-detect tsched=0

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/GlitchFreeAudio

to get rid of the skips in the sound