Shortcut for grabbing latest version of every package from a directory?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 17:07:12 UTC 2009

I've been running a 'testing' repo for the next release of my custom
spin (OLPC XS). It's accumulated a number of interim 'testing'
packages, which I rather not publish in the 'stable' repo. I just want
to migrate the latest of each package tothe stable repo.

I am about to script it, but if there's any existing utility that is
friendly to bash scripting... would be nice to know.

(related - what's the canonical way to compare NVR in bash?)

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions