ibus and F11

Ding-Yi Chen dchen at redhat.com
Thu Jan 22 05:55:31 UTC 2009

於 三,2009-01-21 於 14:24 +0100,Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski 提到:
> On Wednesday, 21 January 2009 at 01:16, Ding-Yi Chen wrote:
> >
> > 於 二,2009-01-20 於 16:30 +0100,Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski 提到:

> > > But if I install ibus, I'll have to configure it from scratch, right?
> > > There is no settings migration from SCIM, is there?
> >
> > No, as it usually only involves a few mouse clicks or may be some key
> > press.
> >
> > Just curious, what settings you did that make you think that the
> > settings migration would be a necessity?
>
> Keyboard shortcut settings. Reconfiguring them is time-consuming.
>
> Regards,
> R.

Well let me put in this way.
There are two ways to install fedora: Fresh install or upgrade.

For fresh install, people need to configure it from scratch anyway.
For upgrade, the present IM and setting are kept. iBus might be
installed, but you can either test it, remove it, or ignore it as
you please. :-)