[QA] To clone or not to clone ( a bug report ) that's the question...

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Thu Jan 22 13:28:57 UTC 2009

Kevin Kofler wrote:
> "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>
>> This subject WILL be a topic on the next QA meeting and votes counted
>> and a FINAL decision be made.
>>

> I don't think this arrogant attitude is helping anyone, no matter what
> option ends up chosen. I don't see why the decision has to be rushed nor
> why a QA team vote would be the right way to decide about this issue (it
> affects packagers at least as much as QA and triage folks).
>
>         Kevin Kofler

It's the packager/maintainer/developer and only them that make this
decision.

If maintainer decides not to participate and then finds him disliking
the end result
then he got nobody else to blame but him self.

This outcome of this will affect how testers are guided on how to report
bugs
and will be in section under Reporting Bugs.

This is done to improve overall quality of bug reporting.

You got to excuse me if you and others feel that I'm being arrogant
or harsh but i'm not doing this to win popularity contents or beauty
patents!

I'm doing this to improve overall quality of the bug reporting.

I'm not about to let this thread take 180 degree turn and the focus on
the actual topic
be lost as so happens to many others topics on this list.

If you and other maintainers feel that week is to little to vote and
discuss this matter please express
that along with how much time you think it takes to come to a final
conclusion.

JBG