Lack of update information

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Jan 26 14:38:59 UTC 2009

Is rpm still this other-worldly tool which we're not allowed to
change, even for blindingly obvious stuff like needing an identical
%clean section in every RPM in the world?

Anyway, _if_ we are allowed to change rpm, then we could have

  %doc(changelog) ChangeLog

which would be the upstream changelog, and other tools could pull this
out and display it to end users to their hearts' content.

And it would involve only minimal extra effort for packagers.

Rich.

Read my OCaml programming blog: http://camltastic.blogspot.com/
Fedora now supports 68 OCaml packages (the OPEN alternative to F#)