Lack of update information

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jan 26 19:47:12 UTC 2009

Chris Weyl wrote:

> Let's not make anything more difficult for the package maintainers,
> eh?

In general, I certainly agree but policies weren't introduced in the
last to make life harder for maintainers but easier for end users and
for a small additional cost to maintainers, we can benefit end users
much more. We are doing a pretty sloppy job with updates and are
providing good information on why those massive amount of updates are
needed for end users. Just simply pushing the latest version isn't a
good reason. There must be a definite need for it and bodhi should have
that information from the package maintainers. I also suggest everyone
to get more co-maintainers. Certainly made life much more easier for me.

> Also, as others have pointed out, the rpm %changelog is the place to
> summarize changes to the _delivered_ package, not the program itself.

... and I have pointed out repeatedly that I wasn't talking about the
changelog but the description field in bodhi.

Rahul