Lack of update information

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Jan 27 09:16:09 UTC 2009

Jesse Keating wrote:
> People in bandwidth rich situations and with new expensive fast hardware
> may not see a problem.  Those without certainly do.

Those who do not have the bandwidth to pull Fedora updates shouldn't be
running Fedora. There are plenty of distros with few updates which would be
a lot more suitable for people with slow Internet connections.

IMHO we should add "broadband Internet connection" to Fedora's system
requirements and list it prominently on the download page.

That said, Presto would certainly help a lot there. Too bad it's still not
officially supported. :-(

        Kevin Kofler