xorg.conf - what to do for an input device

Paulo Cavalcanti promac at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 12:34:47 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 10:03 AM, Peter Hutterer
<peter.hutterer at who-t.net>wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 02:59:56PM -0200, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
> > Well, I finished and I included a hal rule for loading wizardpen in xorg
> > 1.5.3
> >
> > The spec file is here:
> >
> > http://people.atrpms.net/~pcavalcanti/specs/wizardpen.spec<http://people.atrpms.net/%7Epcavalcanti/specs/wizardpen.spec>
> >
> > Do you think that would be any interest in having wizardpen in Fedora?
>
> our current long-term approach is to get support for input devices into the
> kernel and then let evdev deal with it automagically*. The times when X
> needed
> a separate driver for each device are gone and the sooner we forget about
> it,
> the happier we'll be.
>
> Cheers,
>  Peter
>
> * doesn't work with all devices yet, but evdev is moving fast and is easy
> enough to hack on.

evdev used to be easier, but it is not accepting the device identification
by name anymore. One has to use /dev/input/by-id/ or /dev/input/by-path.
And what about bluetooth devices? Would you know where can I get
its identification?

Thanks.

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti