Call for Ruby package maintainer

Akira TAGOH tagoh at redhat.com
Wed Jan 28 09:22:08 UTC 2009

JvM> Are you talking ruby itself, or just "a" ruby package?

I meant ruby itself. right now what a kind of todo I have in
ruby package is:

- Update to 1.8.7
  - may need to consider updating the packaging policy as
    well since this release has additional installation path
    like perl and python has. e.g. /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby.

- Get rid of old search paths for backward compatibility
  because we should've passed through enough time to
  migrate.

- bug fixes

I hope someone can works as primary maintainer for "ruby"
package and Fedora becomes better environment for ruby.

--
Akira TAGOH