Draft: simple update description guidelines

Mail Lists lists at sapience.com
Wed Jan 28 13:02:46 UTC 2009

On 01/28/2009 07:42 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Josh Boyer wrote:
>
>> Please do not dissuade people from expressing their opinion.
>>
>> I will note that specifics are certainly more helpful that simple +/-1
>> emails.
>
> I encourage people to express their opinion but not as votes but as more
> directed commentary. Votes are far less helpful if at all.
>
> Rahul

 -2       (this is the first time I have ever used this mechanism)

 A "vote" is simply a compact way of expressing an opinion - yes it is
more useful to add comments  as well, however a numerical opinion does
not exclude that. Encourage communication not discourage.

 Focus on the issue and the information - not on how people choose to
express it - the 'how' is largely tangential and detracts from the
issues at hand.