Draft: simple update description guidelines

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 18:04:26 UTC 2009

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 16:23:42 +0100, Dominik wrote:

> On Tuesday, 27 January 2009 at 19:18, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> [...]
> > ---
> >
> > * All Updates must refer to a upstream changelog or equivalent if one
> > exists. Otherwise a brief description (a couple of sentence at most)
> > justifying the need for an update must be provided by the maintainers
> > pushing the update.
> >
> > * If there are downstream bugs being fixed or intended to be fixed with
> > an update, it must be referred within the update. Maintainers can choose
> > to let bodhi auto close bugs or close it manually as well.
>
> This is redundant. bodhi has a field for bug numbers and it's pretty
> self-explanatory.

Bodhi itself, however, floods those bugzilla tickets with
comments. The most confusing comment is the one that notifies about
"submitted" (= pending) updates, which are only available within
koji. If we talk about "real users", this is the first comment
that ought to be killed, since users are confused a lot by
updates, which are not available.