Scrubbing boot.iso from CD1 and DVD

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Jan 29 05:37:44 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-01-29 at 00:27 -0500, Chris Snook wrote:
>  In that case, I have no objection.  In the interest of convenience, it might be
> nice to put them on a separate rescue CD (making yet more room on the install
> set) since there tends to be an overlap between the sorts of people who use
> boot.iso and the sorts of people who use the rescue environment.

boot.iso has been capable of running the rescue environment since F9 I
do believe.  That's when it grew.  There is no longer an iso that is
just kernel/initrd (stage1), all the isos we generate have both
kernel/initrd (stage1) and install.img (stage2).

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!