Package Review Stats for the week ending January 18th, 2009

Alexander Kurtakov akurtako at redhat.com
Thu Jan 29 07:46:15 UTC 2009

Robert Scheck wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Jan 2009, Brian Pepple wrote:
>
>> This is all a moot point now though, since a couple of weeks ago FESCo
>> approved a proposal to reset the initial seeding of the provenpackager
>> group with Packaging Sponsors, and Jesse has made a proposal(1) on
>> guidelines for approving someone to the provenpackager group.
>>
>>      1. https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2009-January/msg01573.html
>>

> Again, Jesse's proposal still keeps the same issues, just puts up new
> guidelines and enforces nothing. Provenpackager is to critical to just
> handle it just using guidelines and by a single provenpackage sponsor.
> The approval of multiple (many) sponsors is needed before a packager
> can get a provenpackage one - and this is what my proposal is about...
>

> Greetings,
>   Robert

As everyone is so afraid of the damage provenpackager can do I want to
propose something else:
Provide a possibility for maintainers to open their package for
***EVERY*** packager. I would love to do this.  And do you know why?
Because I want to see some community growing and people trying to fix
things even if they DO mistakes. How can someone learn if he didn't try
to do it?
I would prefer if someone fix 3 things and break one because I will have
to fix only 1 thing not 3 :). And after pointing the problem to the
author it won't happen again ( I believe).

P.S. Please don't tell me that I don't care for this packages because
I'm upstream author for this packages and I invested my free time in
them before started at Red Hat.

Alexander Kurtakov