Package Review Stats for the week ending January 18th, 2009

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Thu Jan 29 13:15:36 UTC 2009

Le Jeu 29 janvier 2009 12:53, Thomas Moschny a écrit :

>>> You might have checked the source, but how do you compare it's md5
>>> something that's not there? Or how do you compare the timestamp of
>>> the
>>> source in the SRPM, if it's not there?
>>
>> I actually knew the exact file source Sven would use because he had
>> packaged a related font from the same upstream two days before.
>
> No one is really doubting that. But, it's all about *documenting* what
> you did (and what you didn't) in the review. That's the most important
> reason for the existence of a a review ticket at all.

The most important reason for the existence of a a review ticket is to
make sure someone in a trusted group did review a package. If there is
any doubt about the quality of one review the checks should start from
the package that was effectively imported in rawhide, ***NOT*** what
the reviewer declared checking in the review ticket.

In case of doubt the information in the review ticket is just as
likely to be flawed as the package itself, and in the end the package
we ship is the only thing that really matters.

Long check-list cut and pastes where some tests are erroneously pasted
from another review with this other review value are not unknown of.

--
Nicolas Mailhot