Draft: simple update description guidelines

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jan 29 13:21:57 UTC 2009

Robert Scheck wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jan 2009, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> The general consensus seem to push for more of a best practises
>> document. So I am going with
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Markmc/Draft_package_update_guidelines
>
> Once more: Why do we not explicitly ask the Bodhi submitter for details
> using much more fields? Having more possibilities to fill data in makes it
> easier to new packagers - they're remembered. Why do you want to solve a
> thing with a Guideline rather enhancing Bodhi and making that software just
> packager friendly?

We can do both. These guidelines cover more than just update
descriptions now and it is useful to document all these things in the
wiki. Then, I can also file a RFE against bodhi to add some more
information. However, note that existing comments in bodhi has been
ignored many times. If you want to file a RFE yourself, go ahead and
post the link when you are done.

Rahul