RFC: Disabling blinking cursor by default

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Fri Jan 30 07:44:33 UTC 2009

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009, Ralf Ertzinger wrote:

> Hi.
>
> On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 01:21:47 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
>
>>   /**
>>    * GtkSettings:gtk-cursor-blink-timeout:
>>    *
>>    * Time after which the cursor stops blinking, in seconds.
>>    * The timer is reset after each user interaction.
>
> So the cursor blinks at first, but then stops? I think that may confuse
> people

Sounds a bit weird to me.

> ("My cursor is broken, it stopped blinking.")

LOL :)

As for my "vote", yes kill the annoying blinker by default, please.
Upgrading to F10 caused quite some rude language down here due to the
cursor blink setting moving to System -> Preferences -> Hardware ->
Keyboard. I wouldn't mind if I dont to need to ever again hunt and guess
the new "intuitive" place when the setting gets moved the next time.

 	- Panu -