Package Review Stats for the week ending January 18th, 2009

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Fri Jan 30 19:15:08 UTC 2009

On Friday 30 January 2009, David Tardon wrote:

> I checked it on several packages;

Actually, based on the following, you checked specfiles, not packages.  See
CAVEATS in the rpmlint man page.

> for example, when I removed Name,
> Version, Release, Group, Summary, License, URL, BuildArch, SourceX,
> PatchX from F-10's dcobook-dtds, rmplint happily answered
>
> 0 packages and 1 specfiles checked; 0 errors, 0 warnings.
>
> It seems to me rpmlint _will not_ fail if the tag is not around,

As mentioned in another message in this thread and (quite vaguely) implied in
the rpmlint manual page, rpmlint does not run these checks on specfiles but
only on source and binary rpms.  I just made upstream svn query specfiles
using rpm and pipe errors to its output, so querying separately for this
purpose is no longer necessary and specfile only checks have some more
coverage.