[ANNOUNCEMENT] dracut-0.3

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Thu Jul 2 11:09:32 UTC 2009

Hi Harald,

On Thu, 2009-07-02 at 12:59 +0200, Harald Hoyer wrote:
> Here it is, dracut-0.3!

Thanks for your efforts, this is excellent.

We've started using it for OLPC's F11 spin, including our own modules to
implement OLPC features. So much nicer than what we had before!

However, the spec file already pulls in a lot of dependencies, things
like device-mapper and cryptsetup which we won't need. Especially for
XO-1 we need to work to keep images small (1GB hard disk).

Is there any chance that this could be split up, and the more exotic
dependencies moved into subpackages?

Cheers,
Daniel