ppc64 assistance

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 15:51:14 UTC 2009

>>> Unrelated to this issue, but please use "make V=1" so we see the actual
>>> build command lines in the build.log (see the thread about the new
>>> automake).
>>
>> With V=1
>>
>> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=1450335&name=build.log
>
> AFAIS, your spec doesn't seem to pass RPM_OPT_FLAGS correctly, as well as
> does the package seems to play dirty games with CFLAGS. I haven't checked
> details, though.
>
> FWIW: Build breakdowns on ppc64 often are caused by not passing
> RPM_OPT_FLAGS correctly or a package playing dirty games with
> CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS.

The dirty games were to try and work out this issue with PPC64 (it
built fine on the rest of them) and it seems your right with the dirty
CFLAGS game as it broke other previous working ones. This rev of the
spec file was the one that worked on all but ppc64.

http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/rpms/gobject-introspection/devel/gobject-introspection.spec?revision=1.9&view=markup

Peter