mingw32 debuginfo packages without sources, build id

Erik van Pienbroek erik at vanpienbroek.nl
Thu Jul 2 22:46:13 UTC 2009

Op vrijdag 03-07-2009 om 00:49 uur [tijdzone +0300], schreef Ville
Skyttä:
> On Thursday 02 July 2009, Erik van Pienbroek wrote:
>
> > The implementation of mingw32 debuginfo packages has recently been
> > discussed on the Fedora-MinGW mailing list:
> > http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/fedora-mingw/2009-June/001613.html
> [...]
> > I think it's best to continue this discussion on the fedora-mingw
> > mailing list instead of fedora-devel. There indeed are some issues
> > remaining which need to be solved.
>
> Ok, thanks for the info.  I don't think I have much to add to those
> discussions, I'm just doing some semi-regular grunt work watching debuginfos
> for sanity and wanted to know whether bugs should be filed against the
> affected packages, but I gather not at this point as there seems to be some
> work in progress.

Perhaps you might want to read
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/fedora-mingw/2009-July/001811.html which sums up my tests of these -debuginfo packages. Some help with adding MinGW32 / PE binaries support to the RPM tool debugedit (/usr/lib/rpm/debugedit) is really welcome.

Regards,

Erik van Pienbroek